If you are suffering from personal injury in New York because of the negligence of another person, you may be entitled to financial compensation. However, it is not easy to fight large insurance companies to get the compensation you deserve. A New York personal injury lawyer has the experience and expertise to fight the intimidating tactics of insurance companies to help you get the compensation you deserve to pay medical bills, make up for lost wages and compensate for psychological and emotional hardship.
Court or Settlement
After a free consultation, the personal injury lawyer will know the facts about your case. He or she will be able to assess the type and amount of compensation you will get. It may be in your best interest to accept a settlement, or it may be better to take the insurance company to court. Either way, the attorney will choose the best course of action for your individual case.
Benefits You Get From a Personal Injury Lawyer
After a debilitating accident, it’s very hard to face the legal battle required for the financial compensation you rightly deserve. A personal injury lawyer will take away the stress and fight your battle for you. Here are some of the benefits you get:
• Years of experience with similar claims – He or she has knowledge of the law as well as the insurance company’s tactics to present the best claim possible for you
• Knowledge of the right medical records and documents to maximize the value of your claim
• Knowledge of experts in the field to support your claim
• Knowledge of the litigation process – this includes filing and defending motions and taking depositions
• Save time – the lawyer will meet insurance adjusters, talk to doctors, order investigative reports and medical records
• No up-front fee – most personal injury lawyers have a contingency fee. This means they only get paid if they will your case. This is why it’s always important to contact a good lawyer if you have suffered a personal injury.
• Help in other areas – your lawyer can also help you if you are facing bankruptcy because of the injury and protect your interests
• Statistics show that personal injury lawyers get higher settlements from insurance companies than people who do not have a lawyer
If you have suffered an injury because of the negligent action of another person, you have the right to financial compensation. Your best chance of getting it is with a personal injury lawyer.